Port Douglas 291 Mowbray River Road
Mayfield Farm - Tropical Living at its Best
Cradled between the Mowbray River connecting to the Coral Sea and the crystal-clear waters of Spring Creek, Mayfield Farm sits on outskirts of Port Douglas, a vibrant community and holiday destination with a superyacht marina. With over 134 acres of land, Mayfield Farm has the best of all worlds - close to shops, cafes, city amenities and an international airport yet a world away with safety and security, lots of land, farm-fresh air, and cooled by tropical sea breezes - every day, ready for work and play.
The main homestead is a renovated cottage nestled into lush native vegetation and sheltered by a 120-year-old Mango tree. With renovations by acclaimed architects, Hunt Design, the client brief was to create a comfortable home with a chef's kitchen, indoor and outdoor living areas for entertainment yet to retain the authentic charms of the 1920s circa cane cutters cottage. Favourite spaces are the wide veranda that welcomes everyone on arrival, a contemporary glass-walled bathroom that invites the outdoors in, and a spacious deck illuminated as the sunsets by concealed lights within the tree canopy. By day cool breezes wash across the veranda and by night, stargazing from the deck is mesmerizing.
Mayfield Farm is a working farm with sugarcane crops and an equestrian facility. A second cottage renovated as an architect's studio with ten workspaces, a principal's office, reception and a boardroom, self-contained facilities such as storage, kitchen and toilet; and state-of-the-art communication systems in place to function as a global business. The differences from a city office are - the dress code is shorts and a t-shirt - no shoes required, and where morning tea includes fresh fruit from the farm's mandarin and mango trees.
With Mayfield Farm's potential, the choices are yours.
• a prime site to build a magnificent private residence with a design concept, with
compliments of Hunt Design
• extend cottage one to add more bedrooms, bathrooms; and indoor and outdoor living
• reconfigure the architect's studio as a second residence for holiday accommodations
or long-term lease
• expand the equestrian facilities, and the list goes on
The time has come for the next owners to step up and make Mayfield Farm their dream home. Barbara and Lynn invite your call to arrange a private inspection and start the conversation.
• 134.38 acres freehold land (54.38 hectares) zoned Rural'
• 1.1 kilometres of Mowbray River frontage
• 1 kilometre of Spring Creek frontage
• Buildings and facilities
o Cottage 1, main residence
o Two-vehicle carport
o Cottage 2, architect's studio
o Helicopter hangar with bays x 2 and farm machinery bays x 2
o Open stables and horse shelters x 2
o Equestrian facilities
• Town water and electricity; and NBN internet connectivity
• Travel time
o 12-minute drive to Port Douglas town centre and superyacht marina
o 1-hour drive to Cairns International Airport or 10 minutes by helicopter
o 1-hour drive to Cairns CBD
o Medical facilities
+ Mossman Hospital, 20-minutes' drive
+ Cairns Hospital, 1-hour drive
• Nearby universities and schools: James Cook University, Cairns; and a selection of
public and private schools
• Renovated cottage 1 - primary residence with bedrooms x 2, bathroom x 1, home office,
family kitchen with casual dining, two interior living areas, wide veranda and decks
• In-ground irrigation system at the main cottage
• Renovated cottage 2 - architect's studio with workspaces x 10 and NBN communications
to function as a global business
• Farm income sources: architect's studio tenancy, sugarcane & equestrian facilities
• Hangar for helicopters x 2 or farm machinery
• Paved interior driveway
• Prime elevated and secluded building site to create a magnificent private residence
• Private treaty sale - sold furnished and equipped - walk in, walk out (excluding the
Vendor's personal belongings and art collection)
Get to know Port Douglas
Port Douglas is a town in Far North Queensland, Australia, approximately 70 km (40 mi) north of Cairns. Its permanent population was 3,205 at the time of the 2011 census. The town's population can often double, however, with the influx of tourists during the peak tourism season May–September.
Open TimesPlease contact Barbara Wolveridge to arrange an appointment.
- Land area approx 54.38ha
- Carports 4
- Secure Parking
- Air Conditioning