"Mt Somerset" is a stunning private property in Far North Queensland on which to live life to the full.
Perched high on a mountain, on 190 acres of natural tropical rainforest, this unique property has stunning views over the Coral Sea, Low Isles, Port Douglas, Cairns and beyond. High mountain and waterfall views complete the 360-degree panoramas.
Mt Somerset is close to everything, yet very private. Just minutes from shopping, restaurants, medical and commercial facilities, beaches, golf courses and other sporting and entertainment activities. It is in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Atherton Tablelands; endless tourism and recreational opportunities abound within minutes to hours.
The newly built modern "penthouse in the rainforest" has every conceivable luxury, designed for minimum maintenance and maximum appeal.
The views will take your breath away, an entertainers' dream home. At the upper-level there is a large courtyard with fire pit and wood-fired pizza oven. This side of the home has a huge (120 sqm) undercover deck, capable of hosting functions for up to 60 guests, with a gas barbecue and alfresco dining/sitting areas overlooking spectacular high mountains and waterfalls.
On this upper level, there is floor to ceiling glass sliding doors on both sides, providing seamless integration between indoors and out, giving you spectacular views full of natural light and tropical breezes.
The gourmet kitchen is sleek and modern, with large composite benchtops and plenty of storage, and is the centre piece of the free-flowing, open design of the spacious living area which incorporates formal lounge, dining and an inviting bar.
An undercover patio runs the full length of the front of the house with alfresco dining/sitting areas and outside the Master bathroom, an Oasis spa. Indulge yourself with a glass of your favourite beverage while watching cruise ships and pleasure boats by day and glorious sunsets and moon rises over the mountains and ocean by evening and night.
The lower level comprises a large home theatre with 85" TV, surround sound, LED lighting, and electric recliners and beds. This large room doubles as a guests' bedroom, home office, and/or gymnasium, and has its own en-suite.
There are also two more king bedrooms (totalling 4), both with en-suites and walk-in robes, a study, laundry and an impressive 1,200+ bottle climate-controlled wine cellar. On this level there is also a double lockup garage and storage rooms.
This very private property is fully set up and ready to go for active professionals, retired couples or families looking to escape the "rat race" and enjoy life to the full without sacrificing any luxuries. And the bonus is the abundant birdlife, native wildlife and natural rainforest in your garden.
All the hard work is done, you can move in and start "living the life" immediately and forever. Live the life, work from home, home school the kids … plenty of room, plenty of technology for all.
Or, if it's a project you're after, you can further develop the property to build a lifestyle and/or a business that suits your ambitions. There is ample room to build a second residence for a larger extended family (STCA) and/or to create hobby/lifestyle facilities you desire (e.g. helipad, swimming pool, tennis court, horse stables, bike/motor sports tracks, food production, chickens, etc). The options are endless.
Or, if it's a business you're after, the property lends itself to a unique eco-tourism venture (eco-cabins, glam camping, B&B, etc), or to host spectacular weddings, corporate functions, filming locations and/or luxury private holidays.
Or any combination of the above ... just think of the possibilities this property uniquely offers the lucky buyers.
This property represents excellent buying given the irreplaceable land, the existing luxury residence and outbuildings, the unsurpassed views, the total peace and privacy, and the potential to develop a unique lifestyle and/or business for family and friends.
• Spectacular 360-degree water & mountain views
• On two levels with vehicle access to both
• Over 600 sqm indoor & outdoor living areas
• Three king bedrooms with en-suites & walk-in robes (one with a study)
• Large home theatre & en-suite (incorporating 4th king bedroom, home office and/or gym)
• 1,200+ bottle climate-controlled wine cellar
• Full length undercover patio with water & mountain views that extend over 70 kms
• Oasis spa
• Huge covered entertaining deck
• Pebbled courtyard with fire pit & wood fired pizza oven
• Advanced home automation (lighting, fans, A/C, blinds, audio/video, sensors, security)
• Five smart televisions (4K UHD in lounge & theatre)
• Foxtel IQ4 (served to all TVs)
• 6 zone (14 speakers) Sonos / Bose home entertainment system
• NBN Fixed Wireless
• Fully air-conditioned & ceiling fans throughout
• Fully furnished & equipped; nothing to spend
• 15kw off-grid solar system with battery storage & backup generator; no electricity bills
• 150,000 L rainwater tanks; no water bills
• Double garage with plenty of additional storage & parking
• Landscaped lawns & gardens
• Designed, engineered & built in 2016 to a high standard, with contemporary décor & minimal maintenance in mind
• Separate rustic cottage with bed/sitting room, camp kitchen, bathroom & toilet
• Large unenclosed shed & security gates at entry
• Over 5 kms of well-maintained driveways (partly bituminised)
• Established fruit orchard (mango, lychee, avocado, various citrus)
• New 130 sqm 5 bay implement shed (one bay closed in for storage) with power & water
• 2001 Toyota Landcruiser Utility with tipper tray
• 2008 John Deere 28 HP compact tractor with mower, loader, trailer & sprayer
• Opportunities to extend the existing accommodation & living areas (if required)
• Acres of elevated flat grassed areas for further development (if required)