Voted by Conde Nast Traveler as the 2019 Readers' Choice Award, #1 Top Island in Australia and the South Pacific, Whitsundays attracts over one million visitors each year and is growing at 3% per annum. The Elysian Retreat is one of seven luxury oceanfront resorts located in the Whitsundays and offered for sale as a fully operational and newly upgraded boutique resort. Supported by the expansion of name-brand wellness resorts, hotels and lodges along the Australian eastern seaboard, the luxury sector is strong; particularly those with pure water, pure air, and pure landscape as does Elysian Retreat.
Operational from May 2019 following a multi-million-dollar redevelopment including new solar energy-generated infrastructure for electricity, water and waste systems, Elysian Retreat is internationally renowned for its seclusion, exclusivity and off-the-grid barefoot luxury experience as a 100% solar powered resort.
Facilities includes ten king ensuite villas with private balconies, a multi-purpose Great House with lounge seating, library, restaurant dining, bar and a commercial kitchen; wet edge swimming pool surrounded by timber decks and outdoor seating; spa treatment centre, staff accommodations, helipad and 16-metre-deep mooring. Within the 7.98 acres of pristine land, there is land for additional water view villas which is supported by the existing infrastructure and plant facilities.
Highlighted amenities & facilities
• 7.98 acres with 260 metres Coral Sea oceanfront and surrounded by national park land and ancient rainforest
• Oceanfront boutique luxury resort – multi-million-dollar renovation completed with the Resort operational from April 2019
• Ten luxury king villas: air conditioned, designer furnishings and 4.5 metre vaulted ceilings and private beachfront balconies
• Guest Facilities
o Great House with multiple lounge and dining areas, a licensed restaurant and bar supported by a commercial kitchen and refrigeration rooms
o Spa treatment centre
o Ocean front wet edge swimming pool 7 x 13 metres with surrounding timber decks
• Staff quarters: five bedrooms, two toilets, three showers, kitchen, dining & lounge rooms; with space for expansion
• Laundry and storage facilities
• Helipad and seabed mooring to accommodate a 20-tonne vessel