The rare opportunity to own a revered slice of history has arrived with this exceptionally restored, 150-year-old Colonial Queenslander. A former vice-regal property which has graced the grounds of Old Government House at Gardens Point and at the current Government House at Paddington, it now takes pride of place on a 1,707m2 manicured block and delivers the quintessential luxury "homestead in the city" lifestyle you've longed for.
Boasting original windows, door joinery and Neo roman roofing profile, these are united with polished floors, 3.8m ceilings and HJ walls, ornate fireplaces, classic arches and intricate fretwork. Today's modern needs are met too, with a gourmet kitchen acting as the light and bright heart and soul of the home. The carefully considered floorplan allows this to be the focal point of activity indoors, with the main living and dining area, study nook, pool, backyard and deck all easily observable from this central vantage point. When you need a reprieve from the bustling action, slip away to the formal sitting room, where a coal fireplace warms the room and a built-in window bench seat tempts you to grab a book from the ceiling height custom shelves and curl up to read by the bay window.
Five bedrooms are separated into three distinct zones and four of these open out onto the sprawling verandah via French doors to enhance your feeling of "Queenslander" comfort. The front two bedrooms present with an adjoining study/rumpus room and bathroom while the guest wing accommodates 2 bedrooms and a large bathroom. Each have built-ins while the sophisticated master suite promises to be a sanctuary you'll relish escaping to. The sleek white ensuite, adorned with mosaic-style tiling is a refreshing pamper zone, plus enjoy the spacious walk-in dressing room.
Outdoors, immerse yourself in a blissful botanic oasis. The lush side lawn is ideal for impromptu games of cricket, rugby or even croquet, or, assemble the marquees, book the live band and prepare for an epic celebration in a stunning setting. Maximise the back deck, serving food and drinks straight from the built-in BBQ and integrated bar fridge or through the sash window openings from the kitchen. From here, watch the children duck and dive beneath the waterfall in the glistening pool or simply soak up the serenity of the glorious gardens, where established Mock Orange shrubbery, Lilly Pillies and Camelia hedges bloom.
Perfectly positioned in a family-friendly street which thrives on a strong sense of community, you're more likely to cross paths with cyclists, walkers and joggers than cars in this peaceful haven. It also offers direct access to the Ithaca Creek Bikeway and surrounds, where you'll find the young – and young at heart – climbing trees, building cubby houses, collecting tadpoles or embarking on endless alfresco adventures.
It's walking distance to the Girl Guides Club House, St Joseph's Bardon and Ashgrove State Schools, Goodlife Gym, Bardon Bowls Club and Bowman Park for Saturday morning soccer and cricket. Mt Coot-Tha and its forest mountain biking trails await plus make the most of being close to shopping amenities at Ashgrove, Paddington, Macgregor Terrace and Bardon. You can also access the city with ease, with multiple alternate routes plus there is public transport close by with an express bus ready to whisk you into the city in no time.
Reward yourself with a lifetime of cherished memories at this remarkable "homestead in the city" and arrange your inspection today.
• Exceptionally restored 538m2, 150-year-old Colonial Queenslander on a 1,707m2 block
• Former vice-regal property which has graced the grounds of Old Government House and the current Government House
• Original windows, door joinery and Neo roman roofing profile + polished floors, 3.8m ceilings and walls, ornate fireplaces, classic arches and intricate fretwork
• Light and bright gourmet kitchen acting as the central heart and soul of the home
• Inviting, open plan main living and dining area plus a bespoke study nook
• Formal sitting room with a coal fireplace, ceiling height shelves plus a bay window with built-in bench seat
• Three distinct bedroom zones, with four of the five bedrooms opening onto the sprawling verandah via French doors
• Master suite sanctuary with a spacious dressing room and a sleek white ensuite with mosaic-style tiling
• Front two bedrooms with an adjoining study/rumpus room and bathroom
• Guest wing accommodates two bedrooms and a large bathroom
• Blissful botanic oasis outdoors with the lush side lawn is ideal for impromptu games or epic celebrations
• Back deck with built-in BBQ, integrated bar fridge and sash window to the kitchen
• Glistening pool with water feature and waterfall plus established Mock Orange, Lilly Pilly and Camelia hedges
• Driveway sports centre with regulation height basketball hoop and retractable cricket net in garage
• Children's play fort above chicken coop and approx. 12,000L water tank and pump
• Ducted vacuum system, insulated roof, European outdoor speakers and multiple built-in bookshelves and linen/storage cupboards
• Central server cabinet for easy storage of all IT equipment plus cat 6 data connections to most rooms
• Family-friendly, peaceful street which thrives on a strong sense of community
• Direct access to the Ithaca Creek Bikeway
• An easy walk to the Girl Guides Club House, St Joseph's school, Bardon Bowls Club and Bowman Park
• Close to Ashgrove, Macgregor Terrace and Bardon shopping, the CBD and public transport