This historic home offers traditional Queenslander charm in a prime elevated location with the bonus of stunning city skyline views by day and night. The huge 1,533 sq.m. lot offers a high level of privacy with ample room for family recreation and indoor-outdoor entertaining on the broad east-facing verandah overlooking expansive grounds. Newspaper clippings from the 1930s tell of elegant garden parties at Errema' when ladies in flowing gowns and straw hats took tea on the lawn amid lavish floral decorations. In the 21st century your family can still enjoy the rarefied atmosphere and freedom of Errema as it retains the best of the past blended with the comfort and space demanded by today's lifestyle. Displaying authentic Queensland character both indoors and out, the house presents an impressive frontage with double gables and twin staircases onto the verandah.
Bay windows and French doors give access from spacious interiors featuring extra-high-pitched ceilings, T&G timber walls and a fresh colour scheme of antique white and blue. Formal living includes an open fireplace with a carved timber mantle. A colourful leadlight door opens into a hallway with traditional fretwork arches, while polished timber floors extend into the open-plan family room. Separate formal dining features a bay window to showcase city lights and is served by a modern kitchen equipped with stainless steel appliances. Six bedrooms plus a sleepout include a large master with private ensuite.
• Conveniently close to University, schools, train station & shopping
• Elevated location for views, privacy & cool summer breezes
• Approx. 41 squares, 5-6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, formal & family living
• Built-in robes, split cycle air conditioning, ceiling fans
• Study or playroom, ideal layout for a multi-generational family
• 2-car accommodation plus off-street guest parking
• Large workshop or storeroom, rainwater tank, room to add a pool