When the hassles of city living with long commutes and cold winters become too much - take a look at 172 Somerset Drive, a 20-minute drive from the Port Douglas township and one hour to Cairns International Airport. Singing birds, swaying palms and sea breezes are only the beginning. Kick-off the shoes; sit back and relax taking in the clean air and breathtaking views across the valley to the Coral Sea, Low Isles and the far reaches of the Whyanbeel Valley.
This two-level hilltop home with over 300 sqm undercover tucked into a native rainforest allows magical vistas from nearly every room. Designed and engineered by Cairns celebrated architect Chris Vandyke, and built by an award-winning builder, this home was constructed using the finest materials and regional hardwoods in harmony with its climate and meticulous attention to detail. An outdoor landscaped garden and terrace with a wet edge swimming pool that frames the diverse vistas makes an optimal place to idyll under the shaded canopy.
Three bedrooms and two bathrooms, including a spacious master suite with a soaking tub and walk-in wardrobe, make this a wonderful home for months at a time or a lifetime. Intended for casual living and home entertaining, the main level has numerous indoor and outdoor living areas - perfect for a party of two as the sun rises above the Coral Sea or a poolside party enjoyed by many.
Say good-bye to the city and hello to tropical living.
- Wet edge deep swimming pool
- Solar power and eco-designed
- Air-conditioned bedrooms x two
- Freshwater supply from 48-metre-deep bore filtered by granite rock
- North facing aspect and protection from South-easterly winds
- High-speed NBN
- Parking for three cars undercover and three cars additional
- Garage and carport suitable for boat, caravan and lockable storage/workshop
- Exterior cladding cypress pine
- Ironbark interior floors
- Merbau exterior decks
- New Guinea Rosewood kitchen cabinets
- Turpentine poles sourced from Ravenshoe, Tablelands