This extraordinary property at the summit of Queensland's Mount Mellum holds a bird's-eye view that is often sought, but rarely found. With a breathtaking panorama of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, capturing magnificent vistas from sunrise to sunset, these exceptional 10 acres of undeveloped land offer a unique opportunity to build your ultimate forever home or a holiday destination like no other.
An ideal location for an eco-type retreat, the property's natural habitat has been lovingly preserved and is home to many native species of birds and animals, including possums, echidnas, wallabies and goanna. Even bellbirds can be heard on occasions.
Providing privacy and a peaceful ambience, this acreage has been held by the same family for over 35 years. This block holds the exclusive top aspect of Mt Mellum with majestic views in every direction.
You could be miles from anywhere, but in reality, enjoy everything the vibrant local area has to offer in just minutes, including bustling townships with a vast array of retail and specialty shops, a wide choice of excellent schools and the very best medical care including public and private hospitals. Then, when it's time to get away from the hustle and bustle, you're only a short distance from the Sunshine Coast's pristine beaches and the laidback pace of the hinterland's picturesque villages Maleny and Montville.
On this piece of land much of the hard work has already been completed for you, with a number of house or cabin sites to choose from. The land also has internal walking tracks and a concrete access point in place. Select your preferred outlook, from ocean views in the east to the Glasshouse Mountains and Brisbane in the south. This is truly rural-residential living at its finest.
Arguably one of the greatest advantages to this property is the variety of lifestyle options it offers. Create and develop your dream home with expansive gardens or a hobby farm with fruit trees that will thrive in Mt Mellum's rich, volcanic soil. Perhaps start the eco-retreat you have always dreamed of sharing with others. Or just invest for the future. The choice is yours.
Regardless, this property is a rare opportunity to secure a significant piece of prime and exclusive acreage in the truly extraordinary region that is the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
- 37A Agnew Road. Mount Mellum
- Lot 4 on RP805808
- Vacant land (4.14ha)
- Three minutes' drive to the township of Landsborough, with rail, primary school, medical, postal and all other amenities
- Under ten minutes' drive to the vibrant hinterland community of Maleny, with a highly respected secondary school, library, eateries, retail, medical and all other amenities. The school bus picks up at the end of Agnew Road
- Five minutes to Beerwah, with three supermarkets, Australia Zoo and two secondary schools
- Five minutes' drive down the mountain to the railway station in Landsborough
- Natural reserves and national parks in all directions
- Approximately one hour drive to Brisbane and airports
- New Sunshine motorway to M1 interchange under construction
- A number of private schools and transport within easy driving distance
- Under half an hour's drive to the beautiful beaches and towns of the Sunshine Coast coastal strip
- Increasing development on the lower terraces of Mount Mellum, which provides improved frequency of local services and deliveries