Kalinga 78 Lodge Road
Timeless Character Filled Family Residence
Families desiring a charming character filled home in one of Brisbane's most attractive and tightly held residential pockets need look no further than 78 Lodge Road, Kalinga. Elegantly sprawled across an expansive 810 sqm double block on two titles, this stunning family residence provides a spacious low maintenance sanctuary with unrivalled entertaining, living and working zones.
Upon entering the private front gate you will be welcomed by the beautifully manicured and landscaped front garden and porch leading up to the entrance of the home on the lower level. Here you are greeted by a spacious light filled fully tiled lounge area which seamlessly flows out through charming French doors to the generous fully covered patio area, tranquil in-ground pool and meticulously landscaped backyard - perfect for enjoying family BBQ's, summer cricket games and the Queensland lifestyle. The lower level also accommodates an expansive multipurpose room, complete with separate front entrance affording flexibility with the option to operate a business from home.
The upper level oozes warmth and charm with many of the character features of the original federation home retained. This Queenslander was built around the turn of the century (1900) and has the original federation breezeways and gas lighting pipe at the upper front door. The local tram ran down the road (and the tramlines are still under the road pavement in areas). This house was the third house built in the street by the Kennedy's (wealthy Land Owners from South West Queensland). Private sleeping quarters are positioned away from shared living spaces whilst the rear of the upper level successfully integrates contemporary indoor-outdoor living.
Features of the home include:
• Spacious tiled living area
• Multi-purpose room with separate front entry
• 3.1m x 5.4m studio
• Gym/workshop with additional storage
• Bedroom with 2 way bathroom
• Stunning custom built staircase accessing upper level
• Generous patio leading out to sparkling in-ground pool
• Low maintenance, child and pet friendly backyard
• Separate laundry
• Garden shed
• Polished timber flooring, soaring ceilings, VJ's, decorative breezeways and French doors
• Open plan living and dining areas
• Modern kitchen complete with stainless steel appliances including gas cooktop and dishwasher flowing out onto a large fully covered deck overlooking the private backyard.
• 4 generously sized bedrooms
• Master bedroom complete with gorgeous bay window seat
• Main bathroom servicing upstairs bedrooms
• One of the additional bedrooms enjoys access to the back deck complete with its own ensuite.
• Rare available attic space offering an abundance of additional storage.
Other notable features:
• 810sqm block, two lots on two titles
• Highly desired northerly aspect
• Multiple car parking options with 2 carports
• Water tank
• Solar Power
The welcoming community of Kalinga, full of leafy streets housing Queenslanders, is only 8kms from Brisbane's CBD and of almost equal distance to Brisbane Airport. 78 Lodge Road falls within the highly sought after Eagle Junction State School catchment and is within close proximity to several parks including the heritage listed Kalinga Park. Conveniently located, Toombul Shopping Centre, Eagle Junction Train Station and transport options including Brisbane airports, Gateway arterial & Airport Link tunnel system ensure effortless accessibility and commuting options.
Don't miss your opportunity to inspect this truly charming and flexible family home.
Get to know Kalinga
Kalinga is a residential district within Wooloowin. The area is predominantly flat, with a mix of small apartment blocks and houses, with some older style Queenslanders still extant. The area borders withKalinga Park. This area is notable for the original residence of Alfred Lutwyche, known as Kedron Lodge.